PRIVACY NOTICE FOR GAS2U CUSTOMERS IN MALAYSIA
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how 3M Excellence Sdn Bhd (“hereinafter referred to as the Company”) uses your Personal Data.
Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, credit card details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, the industry you work in, any information about you which you have provided to the Company in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However if you do not provide the Company your Personal Data, the Company will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
If you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider, provision of your Personal Data is mandatory and failure to provide your Personal Data, may be a breach of laws or regulatory requirements, and may cause the Company to be unable to engage you to provide services and related matters.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to the Company directly, the Company may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
Application or registration forms or other similar forms; From publicly available sources such as directories, From the Company’s social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages; From credit reporting agencies; When you interact and communicate with the Company at any events or activities; When you enter contests organized by the Company, From various entities or divisions under the Company; or By using the Company’s websites, which includes all websites operated by the Company under the names of its respective brands (“Websites”). Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the Websites.
Purposes of Processing
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purpose”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by the Company:
• To perform the Company’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
• To provide you with any service you have requested;
• To process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
• Where you have requested to download and use the Gas2U App (“App”), to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
• To process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Company and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
• To validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
• To understand and analyze our sales as well as your needs and preferences; and
to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
Where you are a delivery person, agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider:
• For the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by the Company in order to engage you;
• To process payments relating to any products or services you have provided; and to contact you;
• To respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
• To communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
• For internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
• For the Company to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
The Company may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
• To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by the Company, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
• To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
Unsubscribe and Revocation of Consent
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by the Company, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
If you wish to revoke the consent that the Company has obtained from you for the Purposes stipulated herein, please notify the Company using the contact details stated below.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, the Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
• The Company’s partners, which include parties with whom the Company collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
• Event management companies and event sponsors;
• Marketing research companies;
• Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
• Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants; and
• Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries, Limiting the Processing of Personal Data
Subject to any exceptions under all applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
3M EXCELLENCE SDN BHD (1215034-H) ADDRESS: NO 60 – G & 60 – 1, PERSIARAN 65C,
PEKELILING BUSINESS CENTRE,
OFF JALAN PAHANG BARAT,
53000, KUALA LUMPUR.
Subject to all applicable laws, the Company reserves the right to impose a fee for access of your Personal Data in the amounts as permitted therein.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, the Company has the right to decline your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Websites, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to the Company. In the event that such Personal Data is provided, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to the Company and that you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
Acknowledgement and Consent
By communicating with the Company, using the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by virtue of your engagement with the Company, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by the Company as described in this Notice.
The Company shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on its Website(s). By continuing to communicate with the Company, by continuing to use the Company’s services, purchasing products from the Company or by your continued engagement with the Company following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.